Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Truth


Truth. Everyone is searching for it...but very few want to see it, hear it, or experience it. We live in a world trying to escape the truth...with creams that promise less wrinkles....clothes which promise to conceal pounds, and a multi-million dollar plastic surgery industry.

What is truth? Our culture today says truth is relative. Those newly “enlightened” claim "Truth is whatever you decide for yourself." This theory proves its own self to be false....for instance...if I weigh 999 pounds and I decide that my version of the truth will be that I am not fat... even though I may deceive myself into thinking I am thin… the real truth will smack me in the face whenever I sit down and break a chair not properly constructed for my massive size, or anytime I go clothes shopping only to realize I cannot even fit my little toe into a size six dress. My “thin” version of the truth will only survive as long as I choose to blind myself to reality.

Truth exists. There is a truth apart from what we decided for ourselves …it is called God’s Word. The Bible, in its uncut version, is extremely unpopular. It has the audacity to label everyone sinners! For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 5:12

It says we are incapable of doing any good on our own. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

The Bible also lets us know; no sin will enter into heaven and then goes on to tell us where unrepentant sinners go….HELL. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:15 The Bible states the only way to avoid this condemnation is to hear God’s Word, which is true, and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and His Father, who sent Christ, as our Savior. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Now many sinners will immediately proclaim “THIS CAN’T BE TRUTH…IT IS TOO HARSH….AND IT DOESN’T LEAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS…THEREFORE IT MUST BE WRONG.” These same people will go on pretending they’ll never die and ignoring the lash from their conscience. These are the same people who are devastated by their 99 year old Grandmother dying…because it doesn’t fit into their version of the truth….that they will live forever. Whenever they briefly face the fact of their own mortality and their conscience begins to bother them; they see a shrink or take a pill….anything to avoid reality…but sad to say…for some …DEATH…will be the only thing that wakes them up to the Truth. 22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Luke 16:24



Truth separates friends and families. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:32-37 When a Christian lives and speaks the truth they should not be surprised to find themselves at odds with the world around them. The Christian is motivated by a completely different reasoning such as: …shortness of time…certainty of death…keeping a clear conscience before God…etc. The Bible refers to a Christian as a stranger and a pilgrim. When a Christian accepts the Bible as the final authority in his life; he is certain to appear as a stranger, living in a foreign land, whenever he finds himself amongst the world. The Bible does not say he MAY be reviled and persecuted…it says he SHALL be.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Matthew 5:11

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2 Timothy 3:12-13

Truth sets us free. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:32 God cannot tell a lie …God, that cannot lie…Titus 1:2

…therefore He is truth. Whenever we embrace this truth…that the Bible is the truth… we will be set free from the world’s philosophy that says “Truth is whatever you decide for yourself…whatever makes you happy…whatever makes you feel good.” We will understand the fact that a Christian marches to the beat of a different drum. We are not on this earth to win a popularity contest. We are here to shine our lights in a dark world. 14 Ye are the light of the world. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:14&16 Even though the truth, we embrace as Christians, may cause us to receive persecution on earth that same truth if we hold fast our faith will protect us in the world to come.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4

No comments:

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page